Fundraising Calendar for the Friends of Southampton Youth Orchestras
We are launching our photo competition for our 2020 fundraising calendar. We would like you to take artistic photos of your instrument in interesting locations or settings. We are not looking for photographs of people (but you can include your pets). You can make it
seasonal by using props so that your photograph could be used for Halloween, Christmas, Easter or other themes you may think of. You have plenty of time over the Spring and Summer months to use your artistic talents to be creative and take some wonderful photographs. You can start emailing them to us straight away!
- Photos should be in landscape format, preferably in a 3:2 aspect ratio
- Image resolution should ideally be at least 2560 x 1700 (5Mp) and a minimum of 1920 x 1280 (2.5Mp)
- Don’t crop too closely, there will be a spiral binding on the top edge and a 3mm bleed on both sides
- Email all photos to email@example.com
- Closing date 15th September 2019.
The legal info:
- Judging will take place 25th October 2018 and will take place by the committee of the Friends of Southampton Youth Orchestras and their decision is final.
- The winners consent to FSYO using one or some of their photographs in a fundraising calendar which will be sold with all net proceeds going to FSYO.
- All entrants, regardless of whether their photographs are selected for printing, give consent to some or all of their photographs being used by FSYO on Facebook, Twitter, the FSYO website, our newsletters and Instagram.
- FSYO reserve the right to substitute a selected photograph for another from a different entrant if the one selected is found not to be suitable for printing. For example, the quality is too poor or it’s been taken portrait and the layout just doesn’t work in this format.
- Photographs must be your own and you must not break any copyright laws.